Consultation on the national standards for intern programs and domains for assessing intern accreditation authorities
The AMA has made a submission to the Australian Medical Council on its proposed revisions to the intern training framework. The revisions draw attention to junior doctor wellbeing and processes for responding to known patient safety issues, and the AMA has encouraged greater emphasis in a number of areas including:
- Communicating employer policies and procedures at orientation.
- Providing training in performance management to supervisors and junior doctors.
- Providing safe, diverse, culturally appropriate as well as supportive learning environments.
- Providing resilience training in addition to stress management.
- Having in place mechanisms that seek feedback from interns.
Published: 06 Jun 2016