Dementia and changed behaviour—new resources from NPS MedicineWise
A new program that focuses on using a person-centred care approach when working with patients experiencing changed behaviour in dementia, and the limited role that medicines play, is now available from NPS MedicineWise.
The program—Dementia and changed behaviour: a person-centred approach—is designed to emphasise the importance of putting people with dementia and their carers at the centre of dementia care, and highlighting the importance of working collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Key elements of the program include:
- Educational visits to individual GPs and small groups in general practices starting in September/October
- Educational visits to aged care facilities
- Webinars for GPs, pharmacists and nurses:
- Working together to enhance transitions of care for people with dementia (watch the webinar from 26 August 2020 here).
- A webinar around working as part of a multidisciplinary team managing dementia is taking place on 29 October 2020 (more information will be available soon).
- MedicineWise News article for GPs titled, A portrait of dementia and changed behaviours.
- Radar article: Risperidone: Revised PBS restrictions for behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia.
- Written resources for consumers and GPs.
More information is available from the NPS MedicineWise website here.