NSW Fitness to Drive Medical Assessment Form
Roads and Maritime Services are updating the NSW Fitness to Drive Medical Assessment form. Updates to the form will include:
- The expansion of some questions to enable medical practitioners to provide a comprehensive assessment aligned and referenced to Austroads Assessing Fitness to Drive
- The options for doctors certification have been expanded from three to five as follows:
- Options 1 and 2 meet licensing standards
- Options 3 and 4 require further assessment for the patient to comply with Assessing Fitness to Drive
- Option 5 indicates that the patient is not fit to drive
- An additional question specific to specific to and relevant for current participants of the Mandatory Alcohol Interlock Program.
The new form will support a number of planned business improvements, including a program to digitise medical assessments to make it easier for medical practitioners to complete the medical assessment online. Roads and Maritime anticipate that the digitisation of medical assessments will be progressively introduced in 2016.