NPS MedicineWise resumes face-to-face educational visits
NPS MedicineWise are now offering educational visits in several formats to ensure that health professionals can stay informed and up to date in a way that suits their practice.
Educational visits can now be done via:
- Virtual visits using video call. These are available to support practices who wish to continue educational activities without a face-to-face appointment.
- One-on-one for a 30-minute in-practice discussion for GPs, tailored to individual learning needs. Visits will follow state and territory regulations and the requirement to continue social distancing.
- Small groups for a 1-hour group discussion for up to 10 health professionals (GPs, pharmacists and nurses). This is available via video call.
Current topics covered by educational visits are:
- Paediatric asthma: breathing new life into diagnosis and management that covers important differences between diagnosing and managing asthma in preschool and school-age children, and how treatment of children's asthma differs from that of adults.
- Opioids and the bigger picture when treating chronic pain, which provides clarity on the role of opioids when supporting patients with chronic non-cancer pain.
All educational visits are approved CPD activities under both RACGP and ACCRM.
More information and registration options are available here.