Australian Medicine: Budget Special Edition
This week Australian Medicine brings you all the important health news arising from the 2015‑16 Federal Budget, including an article by AMA President, A/Prof Brian Owler warning that the profound and long-lived effects of the rebate freeze would overwhelm a clutch of modest positive measures unveiled in the Budget.
Other topics include:
- A ‘Co-payment by stealth’ warning because of the rebate freeze.
- Research fund grants will soon begin to flow.
- It is not about savings, honest: The Minister reassures AMA on the MBS review.
- Cut price health checks for kids as almost $145 million slashed from general practice funding.
- Concerns have been raised about the quality and diversity of advice to the Federal Government on clinical issues following its decision to abolish the National Lead Clinicians Group.
- The Government banks on massive savings from its No Jab No Pay policy.
- The flawed e-health records system gets a $485m re-boot.
Read these stories and more in the latest edition of Australian Medicine.