Call for Expressions of Interest – CDT Deputy Co-Chair
Interested AMA Doctor in Training members are invited to submit a nomination to fill the casual vacancy for the position of: Deputy Co-Chair - AMA Council of Doctors in Training. This position is open to any AMA doctor in training member and will run until the AMA National Conference in May 2020.
The AMACDT has 2 Deputy Co-Chair Positions. The position of Deputy Co-Chair is intended to support the work of the Chair of the AMACDT so that the AMA can participate effectively in a wide range of forums and activities relevant to the interests of doctors in training.
In considering candidates for this position, the following criteria will be considered:
- availability of the nominee to represent the AMA in a wide of range of forums and activities,
- previous participation of the nominee in AMA committees at state or federal level,
- the previous participation of the nominee in other medico-political organisations,
- contribution in one or more the following areas:
- Leadership – in medical education and training, doctor health, wellbeing and safety and/or engagement and communication
- Collaboration – in workforce and/or membership
- Contribution – in public health and/or e-health.
Interested members are invited to submit an application for this position, including a CV and statement of claim in support of their nomination. The statement of claim should be no longer than one page. Nominations will close at 5.00pm on Sunday, 1 September 2019
Following this, AMACDT will consider nominations out of session with a view to an appointment being made before the next meeting to be held in Canberra on 26-27 October 2019.
The current Terms of Reference for the AMA Council of Doctors in Training is attached for information.
Please feel free to forward this to any AMA doctor in training member who may be interested in nominating for this position.
Questions about the position, AMACDT governance arrangements and operation can be referred to Dr Tessa Kennedy, Chair, AMACDT on email@example.com
Nominations can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published: 09 Aug 2019