In 2014 the governance of the AMA was substantially changed with the creation of a smaller Board of 11 to provide strategic guidance to the AMA and oversight of the financial management of the AMA Group. The Board is accountable to the Members for the Company's business and operations.
The key responsibilities of the Board are:
- Leadership and strategic direction
- Financial and risk management.
Board members stand down every two years but are eligible for reappointment to a maximum of three terms. Terms run from the close of each Annual General Meeting. The current Board members are:
- Dr Tony Bartone - President
- Dr Chris Zappala - Vice President
- Associate Professor Rosanna Capolingua
- Dr Iain Dunlop
- Dr Bavahuna Manoharan
- Dr Helen McArdle
- Dr Danielle McMullen
- Associate Professor Gino Pecoraro (Chair)
- Dr Gary Speck
- Associate Professor William Tam
- Dr Stephen Gourley