Submission: Draft RACGP Vocational Training Standards
The Draft RACGP Vocational Training Standards propose a shift to outcomes based vocational training standards. This represents a radical departure from the current standards. While the AMA has given its in principle support to the proposed standards, we have also emphasised the need for RACGP to:
- ensure the changes don’t lead to additional costs and/or dilute the training experience for trainees;
- ensure the standards are underpinned by relevant criteria and recognise the need for a continued time based minimum for training;
- recognise and address the limitations of competency based training to preserve the quality of training;
- provide appropriate information and support to supervisors and trainees about the changes; and
- include a GP registrar in the development of the standards.
Read our submission here.
Learn more about the Draft RACGP Vocational Training Standards here.
Find out about our position on Competency based training in medical education here.