AMA Privacy Statement – Collection of Data
Information collected - Deidentified
When you access our website, there is a record of your visit made in the web server logs of the following information for statistical purposes:
- Your source IP address
- Your domain or top level domain name (for example practice.com, .gov, .au etc)
- The date and time of your visit to the site
- The pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- The previous site you visited
- The type of browser you are using
- Your age, gender, and interests based on other websites you have visited. Google Analytics does not collect information about sensitive interests such as race, religion, sexual orientation, health, or financial status.
This non-identified information is used by us to monitor usage patterns on our sites in order to improve navigation and design features. We do not provide any of this information to third parties.
The AMA also uses Google Analytics to track website usage and more can be found about this product on the Google Analytics information pages. You can control the age, gender, and interests information, or opt out of having this information collected, through Google.
Information collected - Identified
Access to member only services is possible by secure authentication and checks against information provided when a member joins the AMA. This information is stored and managed in the AMA National Membership Register database.
The AMA does not collect any further details from members through the website.
Cookies can either be persistent or session based. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer, contain an expiry date, and may only be used to track your browsing behaviour upon return to the issuing web site. Session cookies are short lived, are used only during a browsing session, and expire when you quit your browser. AMA web sites use persistent cookies in order to provide users with the most convenient way of remembering preferences and do such in such a way as to prevent other sites from using these cookies. The web site statistics for this site are generated from the web logs as outlined above.