AMA Tasmania - Strategic Plan 2015-2017
MISSION: Leading Australia’s Doctors – Promoting Australia’s Health
LEADING ON ADVOCACY AND VALUING
- Strengthen AMA’s role as the leader of Tasmania’s doctors
- Facilitate Council’s role in medico-political policy debate
- Develop the next generation of Tasmania’s medical leaders
- Coordinate other medical organisations in shared health advocacy
- Provide for individual member engagement in medico-political process
- Drive public health policies for a healthier and safer Tasmania.
GROWING AND VALUING MEMBERSHIP
- Stratify membership segments to target value and offerings at different career stages
- Achieve an agreed target for membership growth
- Prioritise AMA membership target groups
- Co-operate with the Federal AMA to deliver targeted member benefits and communications
- Measure the success of campaigns.
ENSURING FINANCIAL SECURITY AND FLEXIBILITY
- Pay off debt to AMA Federal by the end of 2015
- Reduce dependence on membership subscriptions and spread risk
- Support new business opportunities that deliver value to members.