South Australian AMA Membership
Membership of the AMA(SA) is open to medical practitioners who are registered to practise medicine in South Australia. By being a member, you help support the AMA’s advocacy on behalf of your medical profession and help set priorities on local, state and national levels.
There are additional benefits associated with membership outside the advocacy work we do and the services and resources we provide, such as our tax deductible membership fees, which may also be wholly or partly claimable against your Professional Development Allowance.
Additionally, corporate services are available through our ‘platinum’ partner for accounting and financial planning services, Hood Sweeney. Hood Sweeney offer members exclusive rates for establishing new self-managed superannuation funds and discounts for accounting services.
Norman Waterhouse Lawyers, a South Australian commercial law firm, are our preferred ‘silver’ partner in the provision of legal advice for personal and professional matters for our members.
Membership offers you more than you realise when you consider a full time GP, living in South Australia, would cover the cost of membership if already purchasing the AMA Fees List, DoctorPortal Resources, Qantas Club, AMEX Card and available Tax Deductions. Paying for membership provides this and more and we always encourage members to take advantage of the full range of benefits on offer.
Your member benefits are there to look after you.
- The membership year is annual, with membership dues being due for renewal at the end of December each year.
- You may elect to pay annually or monthly by automatic direct debit.
- Practitioners who have retired from active practice may retain their AMA(SA) membership, should they wish to do so.
- When moving states, AMA members may elect to transfer their AMA membership to their new state of residence.
- Membership is tax deductible.
- Membership dues may be wholly or partly claimable against your Professional Development Allowance.
- Medical practitioners undertaking academic appointments, on sabbatical, overseas, on parental leave, retired, or in special circumstances may be able to access special rates.
AMA(SA) members agree to observe the principles stated in the Declaration of Geneva, abide by the Rules and By-Laws of the AMA(SA) and the AMA Code of Ethics, together with the requirements of any other branch or division of the AMA to which they at the time belong.
Click here to join online or call us on (08) 8361 0108.