SA Member Benefits
There is a wide range of benefits of AMA membership, and it is quick and easy to join online.
- By being a member, you help support the AMA's advocacy on behalf of the medical profession.
- As a member, you can help set the AMA's advocacy priorities on local, state and national levels.
- The AMA is there for members in adversity: membership is like an insurance policy.
- We provide a range of practice advice, support and resources on state and national levels.
- The AMA lobbies for improved working conditions for doctors and better care for patients.
- As a member, you can access a range of special offers and discounts from a range of preferred partners and suppliers both nationally and specific to SA, and your membership card doubles as an Ambassador Card.
Aside from the benefits of state and national advocacy and one-on-one advice, some of the key practical benefits of membership include:
- Special offers through AMA(SA) preferred provider for banking services, Commonwealth Bank, including discounted merchant rates, and discounted interest rates for home loans.
- Special discounted rates for AMA(SA) members that attend sapmea CPD education and AMA Skills Training accredited courses
- A concierge service and special discounts from AMA(SA) platinum partner for accounting services, Hood Sweeney.
- A concierge service and discounted rates from AMA(SA) preferred provider for legal services, Norman Waterhouse Lawyers.
- Special insurance offers from AMA Financial Services.
- Benefits via the BMW Corporate Program
- Special rates from GP Payroll for payroll services
- Exclusive benefits from Elliott & Turner Travel Associates
- Discounts on Goodlife Health Clubs membership
And more national benefits including ...
- Qantas Club: AMA members are entitled to significantly reduced joining and annual fees for the Qantas Club.
- Virgin Lounge: AMA members are entitled to significantly reduced joining and annual fees for the Virgin Lounge.
- Volkswagen: AMA members are entitled to a discount off the retail price of new Volkswagen vehicles. Take advantage of this offer that could save you thousands of dollars.
- Amex: American Express is a major partner of the AMA and offers members special discounts on a range of credit cards, merchant services and offers for existing AMA cardholders.
- Fees & Services List: A free resource for AMA members. The AMA list of Medical Services and Fees assists professionals in determining their fees and provides an important reference for those in medical practice.
- The AMA's new CPD Tracker: A free resource for AMA members, the new CPD Tracker allows you to upload activities, track points against multiple colleges and learn online.
- Jobs Board: Whether you’re seeking a new position, looking to expand your professional career, or looking to recruit staff to your practice, doctorportal Jobs can help you. Discounts apply for AMA members.
- MJA Bookshop: AMA members receive a 10% discount on purchases at the MJA Bookshop.
- Hertz: AMA members have access to discounted rates both in Australia and throughout international locations. New and exclusive offer for AMA members! Get $50 credit and special benefits when renting with Hertz 24/7.
- Mentone Educational: AMA members are entitled to a 10% discount on all Mentone Educational products, including high quality anatomical charts, models and training equipment
- AMA Career Advice Service: Your one-stop shop for information and resources to help you navigate through your medical career.
- UpToDate: is the clinical decision support resource medical practitioners trust for reliable clinical answers.
Please note that terms and conditions apply when accessing AMA(SA) member benefits, for example you will generally need to be a current financial member, and some offers require you to have been a member for a particular period of time before accessing the benefit, for example, you may need to have been a financial member for 12 months to access some financial benefits. For more information see our Access Policy, and enquire with us regarding the benefits you are interested to access.
Our local preferred providers and partners offer a range of discounts and special offers, and welcome contact from AMA(SA) members who would like to find out more about what they can offer.
*Waiting periods continue to apply for some membership benefits, and the AMA(SA)'s usual membership access policy applies