New state-wide referral form for accessing specialist palliative care services
The Palliative Care Clinical Network has announced the launch of a new state-wide referral form for accessing paediatric and adult specialist palliative care services within metropolitan and country South Australia.
Development of the state-wide referral form is the first, of a number of initiatives, currently being progressed by the Palliative Care Clinical Network to help create a more consistent approach to palliative care service provision.
The new form is available in both PDF and as a clinical template for use with GP desktop software, and willl be useful for medical practitioners. The forms can be downloaded from the SA Health website here.
Key information for referrers:
- The two page referral form outlines the eligibility criteria, reasons for referral and service contacts across metropolitan and country South Australia.
- A PDF version and clinical software template, for use with GP desktop software, are available for download on the SA Health website.
- Completed forms can be faxed to the relevant palliative care service and will be processed within working hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm.
- If the matter is urgent, you are encouraged to phone your local palliative care service.
- If there is other relevant patient information that is not specified on the form, but would assist in care provision, please include with the form.
- If the referral does not meet the criteria, but you feel the patient would benefit from palliative care, please contact your local palliative care service and discuss with a member of the team.
- Referring health professionals still have the option of completing a referral letter detailing the same information outlined on the form.
If you have any queries, please contact your local specialist palliative care service on the details outlined on page two of the referral form.
More information can be found on the SA Health webiste from the link above and also in the PDF documents attached below.
11 March 2014