23 Sep 2018 to 29 Sep 2018
New Orleans, USA
For more details and to register as a delegate,
For any enquiries about the program, please contact Neil Mackintosh,
Annual AMA Queensland Conference - New Orleans
EXPERIENCE A CONFERENCE DESTINATION LIKE NO OTHER
New Orleans or The Big Easy as it is known to locals, is the destination for the next AMA Queensland Annual Conference, 23 – 29 September 2018. Themed the Future of Health Care, the program features cutting-edge topics delivered by renowned presenters from the University of Queensland Ochsner Medical School, New Orleans, elsewhere in the United States and Australia. Keynote topics include:
- Wearable technology innovations in the hospital setting;
- Advances in 3D printing for complex congenital heart surgeries;
- The future of robotics and artificial intelligence in medicine;
- The latest developments in management of Electronic Medical Records;
- Training the physicians of the future;
- Global strategies for tackling obesity; and
- The rise of consumerism in medicine.
New Orleans is a cultural melting pot to delight the senses.
- Taste the amazing Creole and Cajun cuisine that has evolved over time from its Spanish and French origins. Eating with your hands is the only way to enjoy the tasty Beignet. The Famous Café du Monde is just one of the many places you can get your hands on these.
- Listen to world-class music in the renowned ‘home of Jazz.’ Day and night you will find every genre of music to keep you entertained.
- Explore the city, rich with diverse history and stunning architecture.
- Network with friends at the French-inspired Windsor Court Hotel. As a special value-add our AMA Queensland Conference delegates will have the opportunity to be upgraded to a suite.
The New Orleans conference is your gateway to traditional and more exotic pre and post-conference destinations. The US offers many traditional favourites that you can experience (in conjunction with attending the conference), including Washington, New York and Miami.
Cuba is a must to visit before old world charm becomes lost in commercial tourism. Experience the best Cuba has to offer on a dedicated AMA Queensland pre/post conference tour. Other tours on available include “The Deep South,” taking in Memphis and Nashville, cruise the magnificent Mississippi River on the American Queen Steamboat, or cruise the Caribbean. Alternatively, let Orbit World Travel tailor a bespoke tour option for you and your family.