The Secretary General (CEO) of the Australian Medical Association, Ms Anne Trimmer, reports to the Board and is responsible for the day to day management of the secretariat based in the head office in Canberra. The Secretary General is accountable for policy matters to the President and Federal Council.
As CEO of the AMA Group, Ms Trimmer is also responsible for the subsidiary companies including Australasian Medical Publishing Company Pty Limited (AMPCo), the publisher of the Medical Journal of Australia. Read Ms Trimmer’s profile.
The senior management team of the Federal AMA under the Secretary General is:
- Mr John Flannery, Director Public Affairs
- Mr Luke Toy, Director Medical Practice
- Mr Phil Barton, Group CIO
- Mr Warwick Hough, Director Workplace Relations, Legal Services and General Practice
- Dr Kate Stockhausen, Manager Ethics
- Mr Simon Tatz, Director Public Health
- Ms Annabel Reid, Director Commercial and Membership Strategies
- Ms Irene Quah, Group Financial Controller
- Mr Guy Feeney, Group HR Manager.