Seven new Fellows inducted
The AMA has inducted seven new members into the AMA Roll of Fellows, in recognition of their outstanding contributions to both the medical profession and the AMA.
The new inductees are (pictured here left to right with Dr Bartone):
- immunologist and past AMA NSW President, Professor Brad Frankum OAM;
- distinguished neuroradiologist and past Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (RANZCR) President, Professor Mark Khangure AM;
- orthopaedic surgeon and AMA WA President, Dr Omar Khorshid;
- anaesthetist and past AMA SA President, Dr Andrew Lavender;
- dermatologist and past AMA NSW President, Clinical Associate Professor Dr Saxon Smith;
- past AMA ACT President and dermatologist, Associate Professor Andrew Miller AM; and
- consultant surgeon and ex-Army officer, Associate Professor Susan Neuhaus (not pictured here. See 17 June PDF and print editions.)
AMA President Dr Tony Bartone announced their addition to the Roll at the AMA National Conference in Brisbane.
“These seven outstanding doctors have excelled not just in their medical specialties, but in their roles as advocates for the profession,” Dr Bartone said.
“They have made real contributions at the State and Federal level to improve working conditions for doctors, to improve safety for patients, to train the next generations of medical practitioners, and to make the Australian health system work more effectively for patients and communities.
“I commend them for their service.”
Published: 07 Jun 2019