AMA Mission Statement
The Australian Medical Association is an organisation whose members are registered medical practitioners and medical students.
- Promotes and advances ethical behaviour by the medical profession and protects the integrity and independence of the doctor-patient relationship;
- Promotes and advances the public health;
- Protects the academic, professional and economic independence and the wellbeing of medical practitioners; and
- Preserves and protects the political, legal and industrial interests of medical practitioners.
The AMA will achieve these aims by:
- Fostering and sustaining consultation, cooperation and communication within the medical profession;
- Acting as the principal coordinating and lobbying body for the medical profession;
- Fostering unity among medical practitioners by providing a forum for their opinions;
- Promoting the achievement and maintenance of high clinical and ethical standards in medical practice; and
- Fostering communication between the medical profession and the community.